Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Little Sanity


And when I needed the answer
to the question that haunts me
I'd look at you in anticipation
but u were so lost in your madness
it made me cry
and I groped for ages
to find a lost fragment of time
where everything was perfect
where innocence pervaded dreams
and I look at you still
hoping you'd show me the way
but will it all go down
and the answer
to the question that I was looking for
will forever be trapped
in the bottomless oblivion
of broken homes and mutilated memories
the question of "Who am I?"

The bombs blew away the city
but it did not hurt me
it annihilated a piece of history
but I let it pass,
they left a million homeless and burnt
but I still forgave the God you believed in.
But when
it took away in its fury
the little sanity you had left
I couldn't help hating your god.
I couldn't help feeling
He is as weak as me
and then it struck me
like a damned epiphany
that the answer to the question
was burnt in your head too
and i ll forever have to live
a stranger in his own body.

No comments: